- Grate zucchini and squeeze out any excess moisture using a clean tea towel.
- Place in a bowl with flour, cheese, salt and spring onion and toss to coat all the ingredients.
- In separate bowls whisk the egg yolks with the milk. Whisk the eggs whites to medium peaks.
- Stir the egg yolk mixture into the zucchini mixture then fold in the egg whites.
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Heat half the olive oil and butter in a large pan and cook spoonfuls of zucchini mixture over a medium heat until golden on both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, adding more oil and butter if needed, and keeping the cooked fritters warm in the oven.
- A modern classic made even better with the nutty flavour of our Edam Cheese. This recipe is a great way to use zucchinis during the height of their season.