- In a large bowl combine potato, grated Mainland Gouda Cheddar, chives, red onion, egg and smoked fish. Mix well.
- Divide mixture into 12, roll into thick croquettes or log shapes, then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place flour, egg and panko crumbs in separate bowls. Dip each croquette firstly into the flour, then egg and breadcrumbs. Chill until ready to serve.
- Heat 2cm of oil in a medium saucepan, and cook croquettes for about 4-5 minutes until golden and hot in the centre. Serve warm with aioli, parsley and capers.
- Only cook around four croquettes at a time – overcrowding the pan will lower the heat and prevent them from getting crispy.