- In a pot, soften the garlic with a dash of oil over a low heat. Add the white wine, and cook off for 3-5 minutes or until the wine has lost its acidic smell.
- Slowly whisk in the grated gouda cheese and mustard, until the cheese has melted.
- Add the cornflour slurry and pepper, then whisk until thickened slightly.
- Pour directly into a warmed dish*, and serve immediately with your sides.
- *If you have a fondue pot, make directly in the pot on the stove then sit over the flame.
- This tasty recipe by Rhiannon Baldock is the perfect twist on an old favourite.