- In a pot, soften the onion and garlic in a dash of oil.
- Once softened, add the evaporated milk, onion soup powder and grated cheese.
- Stir until the cheese has melted, then continue to mix over the heat until the mixture thickens. Set aside to cool slightly.
- On a slice of Tip Top bread, spread a generous layer (not too thick) of the cheese mixture over. Use your hands to make into a roll, then set onto a lined tray.
- Brush with melted butter, then bake in a 180°C oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until just golden brown. Serve hot!
- The perfect easy snack to make for friends or with the kids, this recipe for Southland Cheese Rolls, by Rhiannon Baldock ticks all the right boxes.