- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder, mustard powder and butter into a large mixing bowl. Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add cheddar cheese, garlic, herbs and ham.
- In a separate bowl or jug mix together eggs and milk. Gradually add this to the dry mixture and mix together to form a dough (reserving a tablespoon or so of liquid). Mixture should still be sticky.
- Tip mixture onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough comes together. Divide into 16 equal size balls.
- Arrange balls onto prepared baking tray to form a circle with all the balls just touching. Brush with remaining milk and egg mixture and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until well risen and golden. Serve warm with butter.