- Heat fan-forced oven to 220°C.
- Once at temperature, place a heavy-based baking tray in the oven with 3 tbsp of olive oil (coating the base well) and heat for 15mins.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil and add a generous pinch of salt.
- Boil potatoes in saucepan 10-15 mins until tender, drain water, replace lid and give a hard shake of the pot for a minute or two (until the sides of the potatoes are slightly scuffed).
- Remove tray of oil from oven (careful oil will be boiling) and delicately place well drained potatoes on tray. Make sure they are well spaced and not over-lapping, so they cook evenly.
- Gently squash with a fork or potato masher and add a large pinch of salt.
- Roast for 40-50 mins until browned and crisp. Turn once during cooking.
- Finish with a large slice of Mainland Garlic and Herb Butter and garnish with roughly cut fresh rosemary.
- If you are a lover of Rosemary, include fresh or dried when roasting or a garnish at the end.
- Mainland Garlic Butter works equally well in this dish if you’d prefer less herbs.