- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Spread both sides of the steak with a generous amount of Mainland Garlic & Herb Butter and a good sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
- Heat a heavy based (oven-proof) fry pan to very hot with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place steak into hot fry pan and sear both sides quickly for 2 mins. Put pan into pre-heated oven and cook steak for a further 4-5 minutes (for Medium), cook longer for well done.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 2-3 minutes. Prior to serving, add an extra dob of Mainland Garlic & Herb Butter’.
- Filet mignon is a very lean cut, but super tender and flavoursome if cooked properly.
- Mainland Garlic Butter would work equally well depending on your desired flavouring.