- Heat butter in a large saucepan and add the leek, garlic and ginger, then cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until soft and fragrant and starting to colour.
- Add potatoes and stock and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Crumble in most of the Mainland Blue Vein Wedge, reserving a little for the garnish. Add the milk and then whizz using a stick blender or food processor until thick and smooth. Season to taste.
- Fry diced ciabatta in a little olive oil to make croutons, and fry reserved leek over a high heat in a little olive oil till crisp.
- Reheat gently if needed and top with the croutons, fried leek and parmesan cheese.
- You can also top with crispy croutons.