- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20 cm loaf tin. Set aside.
- Sift the flour and bi carb soda into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, banana, buttermilk and vanilla, and mix well.
- Gently fold in the flour and bicarb, followed by the oats and raspberries. Mix until just combined. Transfer into the oven, and cook the bread for 1 hour or until golden and risen.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve the bread warm or at room temperature.